better options for treats for the holiday. If you are looking to give away sugar-free treats but aren’t too keen on being known as the worst house on the block, there are some great sugarless or sugar-free options out there. Here are some of our favorite ideas for Halloween treats that are dentist recommended!
- One way to avoid the sugar-free candy conundrum completely is by stopping in your local supermarket or party store and picking up some party toys or favors. Our favorite picks are Sticky Hands and Halloween themed blow up balls. If you go the toy route just be sure to pick something that does not have small parts or could be a choking hazard.
- Another great idea is packaged popcorn or pretzels.
- Stickers are always a great non-candy related treat as well.
- Trail-mix or almonds are another healthy choice. However, it may be a good idea to keep a nut-free option as well for children with nut allergies.
- If you are to the crafty side, you can create apple ghosts. Buy small apples from your local grocery store, cover with a white dinner sized paper napkin and twist tie the opening. Using a black magic marker and make a spooky face. What you will have are adorable and healthy treats!